Eighteen, You Say?Rob Barton
- On the day when our L3s won 18-0, possibly a club record, this match report will honour this achievement by being delivered in eighteen bullet points.
- As a club we scored forty-four and conceded twenty-two today: nice symmetry.
- James almost got left behind when he was a bit late and JJ assumed he was going direct, which he then had to.
- Spalding have a half-built changing room and clubhouse, due to be finished by Christmas.
- The scoring went something like this: 0-1, 0-2, half time, 0-3, 0-4, 0-5, 1-5, 2-5, full time.
- All their goals were from short corners.
- Our first goal was from a short but second was from open play.
- The first goal was deflected off Pete’s shin to wrong foot Mike.
- The second smacked into James’ foot, they reacted first to finish.
- The third, Dave tried to pick the ball out but it squeezed into the corner.
- The fourth, a man free on the far post slapped convincingly home.
- The fifth was a simple, straight shot just inside the post and straight through Jan, who saw it late.
- The sixth, our first, was John slapping in after a good follow-up from a short corner.
- The seventh, our second, was a great break away from Oli, penetrating the D and squaring to Danny to deflect home.
- Voting was split for both the pop-themed MoM (Danny, James, Mike and Josh) and LoM (JJ and Rob) awards.
- Rob failed to score so remains on 399 club goals.
- Geri is actually Mike’s favourite Spice Girl.
- If you Google “spice girls members” it says, “Geri - vocals, Mel C - vocals, Mel B - vocals, Emma B - vocals, Victoria B - backing vocals.”
The Mel B of the team: scares the opposition, probably hasn't had Eddie Murphy's baby
The Emma B of the team: everyone's favourite, probably knows Robbie Williams
The Geri of the team: bosses from the back with a cheeky grin, likes Formula One
The Mel C of the team: can actually play a bit, doesn't have any moobs
The Celeste Cruz of the team: booed off stage, doesn't know who Eminem is
The Daphne DiConcetto of the team: booed off stage, can talk about shoes for an hour