Cambridge South 1s' New Year's ResolutionsAlice Wright
- Chase down every ball and run the midfield (Robyn Muz, Abi and George).
- Be rock solid in defence and keep clean sheets (George Hurf, Amalia, Loopy).
- Show commitment to CSHC and drive over one hundred and fifty miles to get back for the match, and take a hit to the lip! (Amalia).
- Work hard in new team and show off great skills (Jess).
- Don’t get hit in the face two weeks before the wedding, but be ready to come on if we need you! (Robyn Mc).
- Keep calm and always available for the dropped pass (Kim).
- Spin your way higher up the pitch than ever before (Hannah).
- Drive past players without the ability to breathe (Sarah - also see resolution 3: show commitment to CSHC and play with terrible cold).
- Look slighter fitter than we did in training (whole team).
- Have a second half that is as strong as our first, and build on three-nil half time score (whole team).
- Work hard for each other, play in triangles and one-twos, and move the ball quickly (whole team - Dave would be proud).
- Show why we’re nine points clear at the top of the league (whole team).
- Score more goals (most definitely achieved).
- FOUR - yes, FOUR - from Katie, knocking in goals at a variety of heights and leaving uni players in her dust all day.
- Two from Laura, one from a ridiculous angle flat along the baseline, and finishing off the perfect passing team goal on the break.
- Two from Alice, one penalty stroke in the captain’s absence (Chris Pearson - happy to talk you through the technique), and a reverse shot into the corner.
Still to work on in 2020:
- Remember every item of kit (skirtless Laura).
- Stop having temper tantrums when you can’t stop a ball and stick throwing (Alice).
- Arrive slightly earlier than thirty seconds before push-back (George).
- Make a late challenge for Goal Queen (Katie).
- Don’t try to shoot from ridiculous angles. HOWEVER, at seven-nil up and with a scoring record like Laura’s, why not?
- Carry on the push for promotion!