A Game of Two HalvesIzzy MacDonald-Parry
- What Rebecca described as a very serious team talk.
- Warm up.
- Tactical choosing of the far end of the pitch due to the sun.
- Sam stole Paul’s bag.
- Strong; representative of our performance against Hertford the week before.
- Great distribution from Nic and Ellie at centre back.
- Good attacking of the wings from Grace, Aoife, Rebecca, Sam and Charlotte.
- Jess W and Lauren held solid in the middle.
- Strong shots on goal from Jess F, Eimear and Izzy, but Bedford’s keeper made some good saves.
- We went one-nil up sometime mid-way through the half. Reverse goal under the keeper as she dived from Izzy, via Jess W.
- Slightly too much passing to the opposition (we just like to let everyone play).
- Jelly babies.
- Chat from Paul about aforementioned passing to the opposition. Encouraged to stop doing that as it isn’t very productive for our own game.
- Not our best effort and Bedford stepped up their game.
- Continued to pass to the opposition.
- Jess W managed to give one of the Bedford players a piggy back.
- Conceded a short in the final two minutes, which is how we drew with Bedford the last time we played them. Thankfully this was put wide.
- Paul urged us to keep control, shut the game down and hold out for the win, which we managed.
- Paul happy.
- Team happy.
- Commended by the umpires on a very friendly game of hockey.
- Very tired legs.
MoM - Jess W. Great running, intercepting, distributing and annoying of Bedford’s centre mid. Set up the goal.
LoM - Izzy. Delayed push back in the second half to announce to the pitch that I didn’t have my mouthguard in yet. Failed to concentrate for a sixteen and only realised the ball was coming to me when Sam shouted (received and gave a good pass I might add) and then subbed myself off in a strop after failing to do anything useful with the ball I had about three days of time on. Votes also for Sam for stealing Paul’s bag.