Spicy forwards and badass defenceIzzy MacDonald-Parry
How we beat City, again:
- Watched the 4s win 7-0.
- Team talk about sensible passing and working hard.
- Went 1-0 in the first half after Izzy made a tackle, drove in to the D for Jess F to slip past the keeper.
- Great tackles from the defence to maintain the lead. MoM votes for all of the defence.
- Telling your teammates you love them when they make good tackles (Jess W to Grace and Lauren).
- Driving runs by the midfield to feed balls through to the forwards.
- Half time talk about stopping trying to play wonder balls and control the game a bit more.
- Going 2-0 up when Sam sent a long ball through a sea of players, ‘left’ by Jess F on the P spot to find unmarked Izzy on the far post to slap past the keeper.
Things to avoid next time:
- Strops that involve throwing your stick when you miss the ball - Rhiannon
- Hitting city players in the shins with your stick when you miss the ball and lose control of it - Isabelle
- Reversing the ball so high over the goal it hit the net above the fence - Isabelle
- Passing to the opposition instead of your own players - Whole team.
- Getting cross when you get your leg stuck in a stick and wiping out - Jessica F
- Picking up the ball, panicking and wiping your hand clean on other players - Sarah
PoM went to Caitlin and and Sam for good tackles and silky skills.
LoM went to Izzy and Rhi for stick incidents.
Player of the Match
Great tackles, intercepts and solid defending in all positions